Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Seeds Are Sprouting in South End Montclair!

My Oh My! How did I miss last year of all this fun? Thanks Melina for telling my about this group and inviting me to join! 
All the seeds are planted plus a few extra well loved trays of my own!

My Niece was visiting and was so excited to help out! "This feels so GOOD!" she exclaimed with her hands elbow deep in the seed starter mix. 

She was amazed at how much the coco coir expanded. "It just keeps absorbing the water! WOW!!"

I'll be sending her photos weekly of the progress of the seeds. We also dug through my seed stash to plant a pot each for she and her brother to take home. (She planted flowers while he planted veg.)
Looking forward to the continued warming weather and our swap in a few short weeks! 

So far the Palla Rossa Radicchio, Tatsoi, Romain, Arugula and Easter Egg Radish have all sprouted!!
Come on seedlings --- GROW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment