Search This Blog

Thursday, July 24, 2014

The Good the Great and the Ugly

First the good news.  I recently led an arts and craft project and taught children to make sub irrigation (self watering) planters out of 1 and 2 liter plastic bottles.  Some made them into hanging planters as well.  They loved it and one child said she never wanted to throw away another bottle again.  Well she is certainly off to a great start...
                                                                      The GOOD

Now the GREAT news... which needs no introduction




and now for the awfully UGLY news.... Just as my summer squash comes into harvest, it is greeted by unwelcome visitors


If you look closely you can see 1 of 5 Squash Vine Borer I found in not 1 not 2 not 3 but  4 out of six of my squash.  Ranging from summer squash to beautiful butternut.  I am not giving up on them yet.  I have repaired the area and replanted.  With a little energy work and fingers and toes crossed we are hopefull




No comments:

Post a Comment